Day Six – Transition to the Intercontinental Bali

Our last day at the Hyatt began as usual with our 7am breakfast at the Regency Club. They asked us what time we planned on checking out and we asked for a 1pm checkout given that check-in at the Intercontinental wasn’t until 2pm. After breakfast, we returned to the room and got ready to head out for a short shopping trip. Shopping is like my least favorite activity, probably second to getting a massage, but there were some things that we wanted to pick up so out we went.

Soon after hitting the streets, we realized that we were a bit early. It was about 830am and most shops don’t open until 9am at the earliest. No matter, we were still able to window shop and ended up stopping at a shop where we killed some time until we moved on to other stores. In the end, we found what we were looking for although we thought we might melt a couple of times along the way. The stores did not have air conditioning and at one point, I thought I might pass out. But, we eventually made our way back to the hotel with our purchases, albeit quite sweaty.

For the next several hours we relaxed and got our stuff together for our move to the Intercontinental. While in our room we got a call from the Regency Club offering us complimentary transportation to our next destination. We are not quite sure what we did to deserve that, but we were very much appreciative.

All in all, we were very impressed with the service at the Hyatt. From the anniversary cake that they delivered to the complimentary transportation to the Intercontinental, they seemed to want to go above and beyond in the service department. The facilities, on the other hand, definitely can use a facelift. The rooms were tiny, worn, and definitely not up to 2012 standards. Regardless, we certainly enjoyed our time there.

At about 1pm we departed for the Intercontinental. It was about a 45 minute drive although most of that was sitting in traffic. Upon arrival, we were struck with the beauty of the property. But it was apparent pretty quickly that the service was not quite the same as we received at Hyatt. It took quite a while to be checked in as they had not processed our email request to combine our two reservations into one (one was in my name, one was in Ken’s). Finally, all was well and we were escorted to our room.

By comparison to our room at the Hyatt, this room was stunning. It was quite large and had a nice bathroom. The view was awful (construction next door), but other than that, it was a very nice room. After checking things out in the room, we ventured out to check out the rest of the hotel. The grounds were amazing, but also showed some age. The best part of the hotel for Ken was the location. The airport is off in the distance so you can see planes taking off and landing. As you may have guessed, we spent the next hour or so watching airplanes from the beach before having dinner and returning to our room for an early night. The next day was our second day of touring Bali and we wanted to be sure to be rested!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s